Sunday, June 13, 2010

5 Good Reasons to Outlaw Cream Jodhpurs

With much anticipation I headed off to the RDA Chicken Run today, a fundraiser for the Riding for The Disabled. After its initial cancellation it was all good today with perfect weather and perfect travelling up the winding pass to Moss Vale Show Ground.

My business partner Leah has been adamant that I look the part and left with me all the trimmings for a show ring ride. Upon arrival to the modest do I realised that a jacket would be over the top and decided on drumming up the courage to at least wear the cream joddies.

Roxy was calm and we headed out to do our dressage test, while she and I lacked impulsion she did really well and had some great comments such as 'nice obedient horse' and 'well ridden'. We scored 120/170 in our first ever test...fantastic!!!

Next was the showjumping....9 x 30cm high jumps. After a bit of a practice I felt ready to go but in the back of my mind wary of the double jump which was the second jump...sure enough Roxy felt my hesitation and although we went over I was unbalanced and then she placed two nice humps in for good measure and I was off! Not to be fazed I jumped back on and continued knowing that Roxy was willing to do this if I just drank my cup of cement and got on with it. The rest of the round was clear. You couldn't wipe the smile off my face....or the laughs as we played back the video of my fall over and over just to enjoy it together, what a treat.

Later my daughter Jade went in the dress up parade with Roxy as bumble bees, we were running a little late and Jade didn't place but the presenters made their way over to Jade to congratulate her on a fantastic outfit. I then took her for a little led ride and she really enjoyed it.

Last was the cross country, again not sure how Roxy would go I proceeded with caution but she was a champ and by 1/4 of the way through we were moving nicely...UNTIL.... we caught up to 'skittish balking horse' in front. I tried to pass but realised that her horse was going to crack it if I trotted off, and I decided to complete the course with her and in the meantime sneak in some training with Roxy and strange horses ;-)

So we ended the day very chuffed at how well our horses had done. Neville, Christine's horse was as fresh as they can get preparation wise and he also did really well. They had to deal with a lot today and then didn't let us down and remained calm the whole day. All our hard work is definitely paying off.

It is here that I fast forward a few hours and I am on the computer watching the videos from the day....I was mortified to see myself in those cream jods, as clearly standing in front of a mirror in NO WAY should give you any indication of how you will look bouncing up and down in a dressage saddle.

In a way that can only be described as 'dugongish' I now regale you with my 5 reasons for outlawing creams jods from competition or riding of any sort:

1. Your left arse cheek
2. Your right arse cheek
3. Any trace of cellulite that has crept on since child birth can be clearly seen
4. People have normally just eaten
5. It is just plain wrong and I would like my retinas back now please?

It is here that I must mention that had I wore said jacket my unmentionables may have been obscured by the bottom of the jacket...regardless, enough is really enough. When your husband refuses point blank to comment on your appearance when asked "Do I really look like that?" you know you have gone beyond the point of acceptable and it is time to rein it in so to speak :-)

So it is back to the old me, watching what I eat and trying to exercise a bit more than I do already.

Apart from that ......HOW AWESOME WAS MY HORSE!!

Until next we meet
xx
Lorrie

No comments:

Post a Comment