Thursday, December 4, 2008

Busy Training and Riding - Time for some Video Feedback

Well what a busy week this has been.

Wow where do I start....????

I have joined Quantum Savvy and have started my homework cards and am on my way to submitting my first assignment. Roxy and I have a few issues with certain things so this weekend I need to video tape what is happening so that the instructors can tell me how to tweak what I am doing.

I have learned a lot this week about Roxy...she is capable of a decent jump thanks to Dad resetting a jump out there so that I could practise without having to keep getting off to fix it!

She is finally walking up to me in the paddock and last Tuesday even neighed the whole way over to me, I still have the bit of food for her so I am not convinced it is me she is pleased to see just yet?

At closer inspection of Roxy's teeth I am certain that she is closer to 4 than 5 as there are still some baby teeth and no incisors...so next birthday she will be 5...which makes her still a bit of a baby!

And on Tuesday we went for our first decent trail ride outside the paddock. All went well until she spooked at the keys around my neck, spooked and refused to go down a track with some erosion gully's in it, spooked at a drill and finally spooked at another horse that spooked at her!

Very eventful but nothing out of control, just getting to know each other and proving that the horse in the paddock is never the horse on the trail. She was doing some lovely jog trots though and that was really nice.

I bumped into two girls Holly and Narelle, who I hope to get to ride with. We all have young horses and just want some easy trails with the odd canter here and there. It will be nice to catch up with them for a ride.

So for now I am concentrating on getting my basic skills test done and I am sure with some more practise and feedback we will.

She is a great horse and I was really chuffed when my Dad met her for the first time and also agreed that she was a beautiful horse. He used to breed and break in horses so it was nice to get his approval!

Ok hopefully soon I will have some more pics and a video for you all to watch,

Until then
Love Lorrie
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment