Monday, January 19, 2009

C'mon Little Foal Show Up???

Well almost a week since my last post and still only four legs in the foal paddock. She is definitely closer as her udder inches towards a more respectable size and her attitude gets slightly more bitchy!

I went on my first trail ride with the local ATHRA group yesterday and it was fantastic. Monty did really well and I have pulled up fairly good, couple of bruises on my calf from my stirrups but that is all. It was about 20km round trip and there were 45 horses...you would think this would be a recipe for mayhem but it wasn't... not at all. Everyone is considerate and you don't have to stick nose to tail all the way. Where it is wide enough you can go off to the side and trot or canter which was fun. The next ride is Jamberoo Valley and apparently quite a hard ride so we need to get Monty and her son Nugget a bit fitter. They are Brumby/Walers thought so pretty tough. I swear I will get a picture of them soon. Lots of photos were taken yesterday so I am sure I can track one down from somewhere!

Also I am off to see legendary Natural Horseman Pat Parelli in March. Myself and a few friends are making a girls weekend of it and spending 3 days watching Pat go through the process of taking an untrained, untouched horse through the program. It should be so much fun, he is amazing!

Well enough of that hopefully by the end of the month we will be seeing some cute foal pics ...probably need to start running bets on the sex and what it will look like?

Cheers
Lorrie

No comments:

Post a Comment