Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Australia Day...inching closer...

The 26th of January has arrived and we are all getting ready to celebrate our nations big day.....Roxy is still hanging onto this foal with two big butt cheeks but I am one day closer to seeing her baby.

This week has been a little expensive with a visit from the vet to attend to Roxy's cough. She has a cold and I desperately wished I could add her to my Medicare card and bulk bill...holy crap horse antibiotics are expensive!! Still if it stops me from being sprayed by urine all the time it is worth every dollar.


It has been SO HOT so no mare in her right mind would drop a foal in those conditions. I am so anxious to see what this baby looks like. We have decided whether it is a boy or girl it will be named Tahoe. It has two meanings...the first overseas ski trip Danny and I did was to Tahoe in the USA and the second ....well is not very polite but a way of saying thank you hussy girl for the surprise foal...I will leave that for you to work out?

Here is her latest pic taken yesterday




Also I have spoken of the horse that I am currently riding for a friend....below is a fairly recent picture of Monty....she is such a sweetie!






I am off to have an Australia Day breakfast in the park...no phone call I presume means no foal today so we wont be changing the name to Ozzie!


Love Lorrie
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment