Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A little more progress!

I went out yesterday morning just to feed Roxy as I had a shopping day planned to find an outfit for Dannys, (my husbands), staff Christmas party.

I took my few handfuls of food in a bucket and after initially offering a small bit to one of her boys whose name is 'Chocky', she came straight over and wanted some too. I put down the bucket and placed the halter and lead around her neck. Success......no wandering after her today.

What I was really pleased with though, was after I had taken her back to the yards to groom and when she had finished eating, I practised her yields. Well I am very chuffed to say that Roxy yielded her left hindquarter (her favourite) without touch. This is a fantastic step forward.

It is nice just to sneak yields in while you are just grooming and feeding. Makes it less of a chore than going through the process in the round yard.

I have my sister coming to stay with her kids tomorrow when hopefully I will pop out for some play, a feed and some grooming, basically a bit of horsey love. I am sure that my niece Madaleine and Jade will want a little ride too. And I am hoping that I can get a nice big ride in Saturday morning before the rush of a very big pre chrissy weekend! I want to walk Roxy down to the sporting complex where there are some bush tracks and a dressage arena!

Wish me luck!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment